Giving Tuesday: Angel Fund
Thank you for considering making a donation to the FAAS Angel Fund in honor of Giving Tuesday 2017! The Angel Fund emergency medical fund has saved more than 200 FAAS animals with acute medical needs. These homeless pets recovered their health and went on to be adopted into new loving families. The Angel Fund helps contribute to FAAS's ability to save more than 95% of the homeless animals that come through its doors. If you would like to be an Angel, please mail or bring your check to FAAS, 1590 Fortmann Way, Alameda, CA 94501, or make an online donation via the PayPal Donate button below. (If using PayPal, you might have to tell us the donation is for the Angel Fund by clicking on "Add special instructions to the seller.") Questions? Please call 510-337-8572.
You may make a donation in person, by mail, by phone, or via PayPal. Our location and mailing address is 1590 Fortmann Way, Alameda, CA 94501. Charge a donation by calling 510-337-8565 or by using the PayPal Donate button. If you would like to make a donation in memory or in honor of a loved one, please let us know. (In PayPal, send a note to us by clicking on "Add special instructions to the seller.") Questions? Please call 510-337-8572.
Canine adopters are entitled to six weeks of free obedience classes courtesy of the Sasha Fund, established by supporter Shelly Gable in memory of her German shepherd. Canine training has been shown to help dogs and their owners bond and lessens the likelihood of a dog being returned to the shelter due to behavior problems. If you would like to give the gift of free canine training to FAAS adopters, you may send or bring a check to FAAS, 1590 Fortmann Way, Alameda, CA 94501, or make an online donation via the PayPal Donate button. (If using PayPal, tell us the donation is for the Sasha Fund by clicking on "Add special instructions to the seller.") Questions? Please call 510-337-8572.
"Forever Friends" Recurring Donations
Your recurring gift, no matter how small, is a big help! Make any donation on this page recurring simply by choosing "monthly" on the PayPal page.
Donate Your Vehicle
Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter partners with Vehicles for Charity for the best possible return on your vehicle donation. FAAS receives 80% of the net value of your vehicle's sale price. (Net is the full sales value minus $125 in towing and fees.) Vehicles for Charity donates the remaining 20% to The ARC, a nationwide charity for intellectually challenged adults.
Click here to donate your vehicle. Questions? You may call Vehicles for Charity at 866-628-2277 (CARS), or contact FAAS at (510) 337-8572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop To Donate
Joining a rewards program that donates to your favorite charity is a win-win. You get the merchandise you need and Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter receives much-needed monetary support. Rewards programs cost nothing to join and do not add to the cost of your purchase. If FAAS is not available through your favorite program, let us know and we will join it.
If you do most of your online shopping through Amazon.com, please consider making purchases through AmazonSmile, the charity arm of Amazon. When you choose Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter as your charity, it will donate 0.5% of your purchase to FAAS.
eScrip offers hundreds of brick-and-mortar and online shopping destinations, including AmazonSmile, Lucky Supermarkets, The Home Depot, Macy's and Apple, among many other well-known retailers. To start making your purchases count for FAAS, visit eScrip.com and create an account. When asked to choose your charity, type in Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter to search for FAAS in the list of charities. (You might have to type in our entire name to find us.) Then simply shop at all your favorite stores through the eScrip.com site or in person!